Experience in the field
I have worked on a wide range of different medical and non-medical devices. I started my career with designing and developing several different types of medical and surgical lasers as well as optomechanical and electrooptical beam delivery devices that are both patient and non-patient contact with disposables. I have also worked with the following:
- RF and passive surgical devices and catheters for many different surgical procedures
- Medical device packaging equipment for sterile filling of IV bags as well as test equipment for this device
- Electro optomechanical devices for minimally invasive office surgical procedures
- Scientific equipment for improved reliability and recording of experiments
- Automated and manual manufacturing machinery and fixtures for assembly of many different devices
- Self-contianed power cubes working with generators and solar for off grid remote cell towers
- Prototyped high-end suspension components for mountain bikes and other consumer products
What do you like about working at a company that designs medical products?
I like being able to work on medical devices because I feel as though we are making a positive impact in the world as well as designing something that will help save someone’s life or at a minimum improve their quality of life.
What do you like about working at Tensentric?
I like the community and team approach to developing products for our clients. I also like the approach here where lifestyle is valued as much as meeting all the client needs.
What unique set of skills do you bring to Tensentric?
I was lucky enough to grow up in a house where my father designed and built nuclear imaging test devices (phantoms) in our basement, so I have had access to all the machinery I could ever want and have been designing and building my own little projects as far back as I can remember. Because of this, I have extensive hand on experience working with all kinds of materials.
What hobbies or non-work activities are you most passionate about?
I love the outdoors. Outside of work you can find me somewhere outside either hiking, camping, snowboarding, or mountain biking. I am also passionate about building and working on cars and engines.
Where were you born/where did you grow up?
I grew up in Connecticut on a piece of property that used to be part of my grandfather’s farm.
When you were in elementary school, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to design and build racecars and racecar engines.