Experience in the field
- Accelerated stress and corrosion testing of conformal organic coatings on magnet and steel components
- Thermal analysis of an exothermic epoxy-resin curing reaction for reinforcing rapid-prototyped material molds in Solidworks and COMSOL
- Requirements tracing and lookup algorithm development
- Data collection and failure analysis of pneumatic fluidic-handling device
- Mechanical and process engineering development of a fluid-handling microbiologic purification device
- Electroporation instrument and disposable
What do you like about working at a company that designs medical products?
My favorite aspect of working at a company that designs Medical Products is the opportunity to have a real impact on individuals. At Tensentric, specifically, I enjoy the ambitious culture and personal environment, working with and learning from some of the most experienced engineers in the field.
What unique set of skills do you bring to Tensentric?
My diverse background (one that is somewhat atypical at Tensentric) grants me the unique ability to enhance translation between distinct fields, especially as they require technical knowledge in biologics or chemicals. I have been able to contribute within mechanical, software, and systems engineering with hard skills in document development, CAD, programming, and digital design tools while understanding the interplay among them. With a propensity to learn quickly, I hope to continue broadening and deepening this understanding to overcome unique technical challenges in the field of medicine.
What hobbies or non-work activities are you most passionate about?
One of my primary passions outside of work is baseball; I played club ball at CU and am preparing myself for the inevitable transition that seems to come with entering the working world: adult softball. More generally, I enjoy competitive sports, building and fixing things, playing guitar, and attending concerts. When the Colorado weather allows, I spend time on the golf course and try to learn new skills working on my Jeep.
Where were you born, and where did you grow up?
I was born in St. Louis but moved out to Colorado when I was four. I then grew up just outside of Boulder.
If you could time travel, what time would you travel to and why?
With that kind of power, I figure that I would be responsible for helping answer some of humanity’s most troubling mysteries. So I’d probably travel to the dawn of the chicken, to see if it or the egg came first.