Experience in the field
- Automated microscopy diagnostic device – Embedded software
- Electrosurgical generator – Verification software, functional test software
- Ventricular assist device – Functional test software
- Large scale robotic medical sample processing machine – Embedded software
- Drug dispensary machine – Embedded software
What’s the most interesting Medical Device project you’ve worked on and why?
Automated microscopy diagnostic device, able to work on the auto focusing algorithm and was able to use image processing experience.
If you could work on any type of medical device project, what would it be and why would you want to work on it?
Implantable blood glucose monitor; I have friends who are diabetics and think it could make a big difference.
What do you like about working at Tensentric?
The people; everyone here is really smart and passionate about what they do. It’s nice to come into work with people who like what they do.
What unique set of skills do you bring to Tensentric?
Robotics, image processing, and algorithm background.
What hobbies or non-work activities are you most passionate about?
Hockey; I’m on a women’s traveling team. I travel to Colorado Springs and Fort Collins to practice every week.
Where were you born, and where did you grow up?
Born in Mosinee, Wisconsin. My dad built the house, and I lived in it my whole life. Our town had one stoplight, and we lived in the woods.