Principal Electrical Engineer
- Relevant Experience: 48 years
AAS Electronics Technology - Rowan Technical Institute, Salisbury, NC
B.S. Electrical Engineering - University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
Experience in the field
- Carina: total implantable hearing aid
- Low noise semi-implantable hearing processor
- Implantable sleep apnea products
- Autofeeder for blood analysis machine
- Electropheresis power supply
- FM telemetry system for sleep studies
- Bank automatic check feeder
- Cart control board for film processing
- Gasteroenteral feeding tube monitor
- Catheter in-vivo location equipment
- Tens, muscle and bone growth stimulators
- RF FM implantable location system for oxford university cattle research project
What’s the most interesting Medical Device project you’ve worked on and why?
1st active implantable middle ear hearing aid. Product complex, audio technology, hearing physiology with challenging reliability, safety and size constraints.
What do you like about working at Tensentric?
Opportunity to design a variety of products.
What unique set of skills do you bring to Tensentric?
R&D experience, creativity, analysis and troubleshooting skills.
If you could work on any type of medical device project, what would it be and why?
I look forward to designing electrical equipment used in cancer detection equipment that extends a persons life.
What hobbies or non-work activities are you most passionate about?
Photography (portrature, landscape, marco, micro with focus stacking), audio recording, drumming, music composition, woodworking, home improvement.
When you were in elementary school, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Electronics engineer since my interests as a kid included music, audio equipment and electronics.
Where are you from and how did you end up in Colorado?
My father was in Air Force so I grew up in Asia and various states in the US. I moved my wife and two sons to Colorado in 1975 after graduating from tech school.
Where were you born/where did you grow up?
I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii and lived on Air Force bases in the Phillipines, Japan, Texas, Utah, Kansas and South Carolina to age 18.
If you could join one rock band, which one would you join and why?
Zappa, favorite music.
If you could go back in time, where and what time would you travel to and why?
2020 to start career using the latest knowledge and tools.