Director of Business Development
- Relevant Experience: 44 years
Bachelor of Arts,
Denison University, Granville, OH
Over 40 years of professional experience with 13 years of specific medical device experience in the following areas:
- Glucose meters
- ICD’s, & ICD monitoring system
- RF and Inductive home monitoring devices for patients implanted with ICD’s
- Robotic surgical systems for treatment of atrial fibrillation
- Arthroscopic fluid management systems
- Microelectronic subassemblies used in CT scanners and ICD’s
- Digital telemetry/ECG PCBA used in a clinical programmer for ICD patients
- Externally warn controller for heart pump patients
- Knee joint replacement balancing system belt warn 24/7
- Catheter guidance systems for treatment of PAD (peripheral arterial disease) & PICC placement
- Microwave generator for ablation therapy
What’s the most interesting Medical Device project you’ve worked on and why?
A project to monitor AIDS in HIV positive patients in Africa. Fascinating technology applied to a device for a difficult marketplace. It also helped Tensentric evolve and grow quickly making us much more capable than previously. Close second: Remote monitoring device for ICD patients.
If you could work on any type of medical device project, what would it be and why?
A device to treat Alzheimer’s disease. It’s tragic on so many levels that it would be wonderful to have a treatment for it.
What do you like about working at Tensentric?
The innovative, dynamic, smaller company environment. The creativeness, competence, & quality of our people. Level of talent, depth of expertise & the team’s ability to get things done efficiently.
What unique set of skills do you bring to Tensentric?
My ability to listen, discover, & understand the needs of others. I bring people together & develop good long term relationships with a variety of people. My optimism & unwillingness to give up.
If you weren’t doing your job for Tensentric, what would you be? Why?
A drummer/percussionist in a great band playing to live audiences. It’s the most fun I’ve ever had.
What hobbies or non-work activities are you most passionate about?
Golf, cooking, tennis, and California wines.
When you were in elementary school, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Taller than my Dad.
If you had a billion dollars what would you do with it?
Create and run a foundation to fund various charitable causes and research. Helping distressed populations.
If you could go back in time, where and what time would you travel to and why?
The first century, so I could see and hear Jesus, and then the disciples, myself.